Taluka Bhamauri was acquired by Afghans of the same stock, named Yusaf and Sulaiman, during the reign of Shahjahan. Thev Nah. ' 8 8 J . " resided at Bhikampur, which now frequently gives i» name to the family. They added considerably to their possessions, but were twice ejected, once by the Bhartpur Jats in 1757 A.D., and again by Indurgir Go- shain, who during the government of Najaf Khan established a temporary supremacy in these parganahs. Nah was originally held by Megdhwar Rajputs who were dispossessed by the Jats, and their lands were given to Baz Khan by De Boigne in 1793-94 A.D. The grant was confirmed by the British Govern ment in 1803, and the two talukas were joined together under the name of Bha mauri Nah. In 1856 they comprised 61 villages, paying a revenne of Rs. 42,313. B&z Khan had three sons — Muhammad Khan, Khanzaman Khan, and Daud Khan, who divided the estates between them. Hadi Yar Khan, the son of Mu hammad Khan, now owns one-third, and has taken up his residence at Dadon. Khanzaman's share has been divided into three smaller talukas, — two held by his sons, Abdul Shakur Khan and Muhammad Taki Khan, and one by his grandson. Daud Khan's share again has been equally divided between his two sons, Tnayat- ullah Khan and Ghulam Ahmad Khan. In spite of these subdivisions each member of the family still retains a considerable property. Hadi Yar Khan holds 32 villages in Aligarh and the large estate of Mohanpur in Eta. Abdul Shakur Khan and his brother and nephew hold 48 villages in Aligarh and several estates in Eta, and the sons of Daud Khan hold 15 villages each, besides estates in the adjoining district. During the mutiny Daud Khan's conduct was very suspicious. Mr. Sapte writes that he refused to furnish supplies to the Buland- shahr force on their way to Eta, and "for two days we were put to great inconvenience, and his personal bearing towards us was disrespectful in the extreme. Of the movements and intentions of the rebels at Kasganj he feigned complete ignorance, though his house was but a few miles from that town.
Reference: North Western provinces of India volume-2, page 115
By Edwin t Atkinson,